Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance
Date: ,
Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance  (Віталій Тимчишин)
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Deferred constraint and delete performance  (Franck Routier, )
 Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Deferred constraint and delete performance  (Andres Freund, )

Franck Routier <> writes:
> I am wondering if deferring foreign key constraints (instead of
> disableing them) would increase performance, compared to non deferred
> constraints

No, it wouldn't make any noticeable difference AFAICS.  It would
postpone the work from end-of-statement to end-of-transaction,
but not make the work happen any more (or less) efficiently.

            regards, tom lane