Re: domain constraints and UNKNOWN params - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: domain constraints and UNKNOWN params
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>> I wonder whether there is any reasonably simple way to audit the whole
>> backend for missing domain processing...

> I don't really see a way to
> check the code that doesn't require a fair amount of manual auditing,

Me either.  I have a nagging feeling that the problem is really a
question of mis-factoring, ie we should be doing the domain checks
at a different level than now, but I don't yet see how to translate
that intuition into code.

            regards, tom lane