Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: minor windows & cygwin regression failures on stable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Reini Urban said:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>>Sounds that way to me too, but it's disturbing.  One would say they
>>> broke their scheduler :-(.  Possibly you should try to stir up some
>>> interest among the Cygwin hackers in looking into this.
>>>

>> I'd like somebody else to report the same phenomenon first. Reini?
>
> Why plperl is broken I cannot say yet.
>
> I still have the same general IPC permission problem since about beta3.
> Only very few cygwin hackers have this also.
> I only got confirmation that the problem is in postgresql, not in
> cygwin.

Hmm. Well, JimB got the same result yesterday that I have been seeing (the
stats regression test failure), so I consider that sufficient confoirmation.

I'm not quite sure what question I should be asking of the Cygwin people.
Tom, Can you suggest something?

I'll look at the plperl thing. That has also prompted me to add a buildfarm
feature request to test perl, python and tcl if they are configured in.

cheers

andrew