Re: Best practice when reindexing in production

From: Alan Hodgson
Subject: Re: Best practice when reindexing in production
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Best practice when reindexing in production  (Niels Kristian Schjødt, )
 Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Magnus Hagander, )
  Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Armand du Plessis, )
   Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Niels Kristian Schjødt, )
  Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Niels Kristian Schjødt, )
   Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Magnus Hagander, )
   Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Matheus de Oliveira, )
    Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Igor Neyman, )
     Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Matheus de Oliveira, )
      Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Igor Neyman, )
 Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Jesper Krogh, )
  Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Daniele Varrazzo, )
   Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Alan Hodgson, )
    Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Daniele Varrazzo, )
 Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Jeff Janes, )

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 06:25:21 PM Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> My solution has been to become pg_repack maintainer. YMMV. Just don't
> expect vacuum to reduce the indexes size: it doesn't.

It's not supposed to. It is supposed to keep them from indefinitely growing,
though, which it does reasonably well at.