Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql
Date
Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> OK, I have applied the following patch to make numerisep a boolean,

"numericsep" is no longer even remotely reasonable as a name for the
parameter.  Something like "numeric_use_locale" would be appropriate
(but probably too wordy).

> The only question I have is whether those locale values are single-byte
> strings in all locals, or could they be multi-byte or multi-character,
> in which case I have to treat them as strings.

I think you have to assume they could be strings.

            regards, tom lane