Re: issue in postgresql 9.1.3 in using arrow key in Solaris platform - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: issue in postgresql 9.1.3 in using arrow key in Solaris platform
Date
List pgsql-general
M Tarkeshwar Rao <m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> writes:
> We are facing following issue in postgresql 9.1.3 in using arrow key in Solaris platform.
> Can you please help us to resolve it or any new release has fix for this or any workaround for this?
> issue: psql client generates a core when up arrow is used twice.

Almost certainly, this is not psql's fault, but rather a bug in the
readline or libedit library it's using for command history.

If you're using libedit, I can't say that I'm astonished, as we've
seen a depressingly large number of bugs reported in various versions
of libedit.

In any case, try to get a newer version of that library; or if you've
linked psql to libedit, consider rebuilding against libreadline.

            regards, tom lane

PS: this was cross-posted inappropriately.  I've trimmed the cc
list to just pgsql-general.