Re: factoring problem with view in 7.3.3 [ PARTIALLY SOLVED ] - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: factoring problem with view in 7.3.3 [ PARTIALLY SOLVED ]
Date
List pgsql-performance
<mallah@trade-india.com> writes:
> the column 'generated' was timestamp in 2 place and date in 2 place,
> i wanted it in my and did a typecasting in the view below
> but it suffers from the same problem .

AFAIR it should work if you insert casts into the UNION's member selects.
Maybe you didn't get the casting quite right?  (For instance,
"timestamp" isn't "timestamp with time zone" ...)

            regards, tom lane