Re[2]: [PERFORM] Re[2]: [PERFORM] SMP on a heavy loaded database - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From nobody nowhere
Subject Re[2]: [PERFORM] Re[2]: [PERFORM] SMP on a heavy loaded database
Date
List pgsql-performance

Пятница, 4 января 2013, 11:52 -03:00 от Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com>:
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM, nobody nowhere <devnull@mail.ua> wrote:
> So how many concurrent users are accessing this db? pgsql assigns one
> process on one core so to speak. It can't spread load for one user
> over all cores.
>
> 64 php Fast-cgi processes over the Unix socket and about 20-30 over tcp

I guess that means the server isn't dedicated to postgres...

...have you checked which PID is using that core? Is it postgres-related?
How do I know it?

Only postgres on this server heavely use the Raid controller. PHP comletely in XCache. At night I'll try to change socket to tcp. May be it  will help,