Re: Slow query, where am I going wrong? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From AndyG
Subject Re: Slow query, where am I going wrong?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks very much Laurenz.

I'll put your suggestions into motion right away and let you know the
results.

Albe Laurenz *EXTERN* wrote
> BTW, you seem to have an awful lot of indexes defined, some
> of which seem redundant.

I am in the process of pruning unused/useless indexes on this database - So
many of them will be dropped. Most of them are not in production and are
past play things on this test system.

The actual production test_item table gets about 140k inserts a day (avg).
Having this test system slow, dirty and bloated is quite good as it helps us
identify potential bottlenecks before they hit production. Partitioning is
also on the cards, but solving this current issue is only going to help.

Thanks again.

Andy