Re: nasty problem with redhat 6.2 + pg 7.02 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: nasty problem with redhat 6.2 + pg 7.02
Date
List pgsql-general
leonbloy@sinectis.com.ar writes:
> Timezone is set to America/Buenos Aires
> Changing this seems to elliminate the bug.

What did you change it *to*, exactly?  And what dates did you test
after changing?

I would expect the bug to follow the DST transition date, which varies
in different timezones.  Also, since it's the spring-forward transition
where you can see the problem, for zones north of the equator you'd be
needing to check the March-ish transition date not the October-ish one.

In my experience, timekeeping routines often have to distinguish between
northern and southern timezones in order to do DST properly.  It could
be that you're looking at some bug in RedHat 6.2's libc that only
manifests for southern timezones.  If so that might explain why the
rest of us haven't seen it.

            regards, tom lane