pg_get_domaindef - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From FAST PostgreSQL
Subject pg_get_domaindef
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

Attached is a small patch that implements the pg_get_domaindef(oid) function.

Somethings I am not sure about the patch and which I can fix based on your
input are as follows.

- I have used SPI interface.  I saw that in ruleutils some methods make use
of SPI interface whereas others use internal APIs. I wasn't sure about the
reasons. If this is wrong, I can attempt a rewrite using internal APIs.

- This function does not output the constraint name. I couldn't find the
constraint name given by the user as part of the create domain command being
stored in any system catalogs. The entry in pg_constraints store a system
assigned name. But this may be because of my limited knowledge of the
internals.

- documentation. If this patch is good then I can do this later.

There may be other issues, which I will be happy to fix.

Rgds,
Arul Shaji
This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, ABN 27 003 693 481. It is confidential to the
ordinaryuser of the email address to which it was addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged
information.No one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive
thisemail in error, please return to sender. Thank you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd, please
emailunsubscribe@fast.fujitsu.com.au

Attachment