Re: function language type? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: function language type?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ian Turner <iant@mail.brainstorm.net> writes:
> Looking at the source, I see the following parsenodes which are NOT
> supported by copyObject:

Uh, what version of the source are you looking at?  Quite a few of
those *are* supported.

> Which of these is it worth supporting? I will implement the necessary
> _copy<type> functions.

The missing stuff is basically the 600-series node types; any XXXStmt
node that you want to be able to use in a plpgsql function needs to be
copiable.  If you want to support CREATE TABLE you will likely find that
some more of the 700-series nodes are also needed for CREATE TABLE
infrastructure.

It is not worth your trouble to do this unless you are working from
current sources (CVS or a recent daily snapshot)...

            regards, tom lane