Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 17:08 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> >> You've lost me here ... how would wnat interface?  This is all done internal
> >> to  Majordomo2 ... nothing to do with the mail system itself ...
> >
> > Andrew specifically asked if we could have these mails bounced *before*
> > they reached Majordomo. That's where it started. He only asked for
> > bouncing email that pretended to be from the list itself, though, which
> > is a lot less (and easier/safer to do) than what was suggested by both
> > me and JD. Perhaps Andrews suggestion can be implemented?
>
> Actually, I think Andrew was specifically look at not getting this in the
> moderator queue, which is somethign that Majordomo2 can be configured to do ...

Right, I don't think he cares how it's done, as long as he doesn't see
it :-)

> we'd just need to add something like:
>
> post
> reject
> /$LIST/i
>
> to access_rules ... which would reject any messages coming from the list its
> being sent to ... we'd have to do something a bit more involved if we wanted to
> reject from any list, ie something like:
>
> post
> reject
> /pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/i OR /pgsql-general@postgresql.org/i
>
> and Andrew will never see those posts ...

Sounds like a good thing to do. I don't see anyway that it'd break any
legitimate mail.

> > Oh. I must have missed that information. If we do that now, that's
> > great! :-)
>
> *scratch head* weren't you the one that had asked for it? :)

Yup, I was. It was still on my list of things I didn't think were
fixed :-)

//Magnus