Re: sql file in the tutorial directory - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: sql file in the tutorial directory
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 17:56 +0100, Pavel SRB wrote:
> hi all, before few days i have installed via apt-get version 8.1 to my
> debian etch machine.
>
> after reading lesson 3 in tutorial [
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/tutorial-advanced.html ]
> i was looking for these sql files. But i do not find any on my system
> also not on web. Can you please tell from where can i get them. Thank
> you very much
>
> Pavel SBR
>
> these are packeges available on my system
>
> rc  postgresql                        7.5.22
> object-relational SQL database management sy
> ii  postgresql-8.1                    8.1.9-0etch2
> object-relational SQL database, version 8.1
> rc  postgresql-client                 7.5.22
> front-end programs for PostgreSQL (transitio
> ii  postgresql-client-8.1             8.1.9-0etch2
> front-end programs for PostgreSQL 8.1
> ii  postgresql-client-common          71
> manager for multiple PostgreSQL client versi
> ii  postgresql-common                 71
> manager for PostgreSQL database clusters
> ii  postgresql-doc-8.1                8.1.9-0etch2
> documentation for the PostgreSQL database ma

You also need to install postgresql-server-dev-8.1 in order to build the
functions referred to by the tutorial.

The tutorial files are in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-8.1/tutorial.
However, this is not a writable directory, so you need to copy it to
your home directory and work on your own versions:

cp -a tutorial ~
cd ~/tutorial
make

The make creates the file you are looking for.

 You're nearly out of time!   http://www.lfix.co.uk/disappearance.html

believed to be clean.