Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 11:29 -0500, Madison Kelly wrote:
>    I am looking at writing a search engine of sorts for my database. I
> have only ever written very simple search engines before which amounted
> to not much more that the query string being used with ILIKE on a pile
> of columns. This was pretty rudimentary and didn't offer anything like
> relevance sorting and such (I'd sort by result name, age or whatnot).

Look at Tsearch2:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

It has a lot of features for searching, and can make use of powerful
indexes to return search results very quickly. As someone already
mentioned, it also has ranking features.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis