Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock with pg_dump? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Deadlock with pg_dump?
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Yeh, LOG would be most appropriate, but thats not possible.
>
> You have not given any good reason for that.

The idea of the patch is that it generates a log message which then
invokes log_min_error_statement so that the SQL statement is displayed.
LOG is not on the list of options there, otherwise I would use it.

The reason for behaving like this is so that a message is generated
while the statement is still waiting, rather than at the end. As I
mentioned in the submission, you may not like that behaviour; I'm in two
minds myself, but I'm trying to get to the stage of having useful
information come out of the server when we have long lock waits.

--
  Simon Riggs