Re: [Bizgres-general] Re: A Guide to Constraint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [Bizgres-general] Re: A Guide to Constraint
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On K, 2005-07-13 at 16:10 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:02 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > Sounds very useful - even for my small systems. Does it/would it work on
> > an ordinary table (for those cases currently using UNION ALL)?
>
> I'm looking into that aspect right now.
>
> I see no reason why it shouldn't work for UNION ALL views/queries in the
> same manner as it does for inheritance.

Why does the CE speed depend on having index on pg_inherits ?

Can't you just check the constraints on individual tables ?

Or are the constraints not actually copied to child tables, and you must
look them up from parent tabless ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>