Re: SRF patch (was Re: [HACKERS] troubleshooting pointers) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SRF patch (was Re: [HACKERS] troubleshooting pointers)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Here's a small patch to ExecFunctionReScan. It was clearing
>    scanstate->csstate.cstate.cs_ResultTupleSlot
> when I think it should have been clearing
>    scanstate->csstate.css_ScanTupleSlot

Why do you think that?  To the extent that other rescan routines are
clearing anything, they're clearing ResultTupleSlot.

> although there is no discernable (at least to me) difference either way.

My guess is that it's pretty much a no-op, since the slot will get
cleared and re-used on the next call anyway.

            regards, tom lane