Re: SQL99 hierarchical queries stalled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: SQL99 hierarchical queries stalled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On T, 2005-05-17 at 11:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net> writes:
> > On T, 2005-05-17 at 00:42 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I seem to recall some discussion of how to do this in the past;
> >> have you trolled the pghackers archives?
>
> > I think that Jasons inspiration for doing it came from the the fact that
> > there are already now abandoned patches for doing  it.
>
> Having looked over the latest patch, my advice would be to ignore it :-(
> It's almost completely devoid of documentation, except for comments
> that he copied-and-pasted from elsewhere without modification.  Wrong
> comments are even worse than none.

ANd even worse - this is from the README on the website:

----8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<-----
WHAT'S THIS

This is a patch which allows PgSQL to make hierarchical queries a la
Oracle do.

(c) Evgen Potemkin 2003,2004, < gppl at inbox dot ru >, entirely based
on PostgreSQL (http://www.postgresql.org)
Patch itself distributed under GPL. No warranty of any kind is given,
use it at your own risk.

So the license is also incompatible :(

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>