Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rafael Martinez
Subject Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:41 -0700, Aly Dharshi wrote:

Hello

> Would it help to use a different filesystem like SGI's XFS ?

I do not see the connection between this problem and using another
filesystem. I think we would have this problem with all the programs in
the system if we had a problem with the filesystem we are using.

>  Would it be
> possible to even implement that at you site at this stage ?

We can not do this if we want support from our "operative system
departament", they do not support XFS at the present.

--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway

PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/