Re: [HACKERS] UTF8 or Unicode - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Markus Bertheau ☭
Subject Re: [HACKERS] UTF8 or Unicode
Date
List pgsql-patches
В Сбт, 26/02/2005 в 15:50 -0500, Bruce Momjian пишет:

> Other than that the other conversion files were already named fine, e.g.
> ascii_to_utf_8 (no UNICODE), however it is utf_8 and not utf8.  I am
> unsure how to handle these.

General remark about the spelling of this encoding:

The correct encoding name is "UTF-8".

"The official name and spelling of this encoding is UTF-8, where UTF
stands for UCS Transformation Format. Please do not write UTF-8 in any
documentation text in other ways (such as utf8 or UTF_8), unless of
course you refer to a variable name and not the encoding itself."

from

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8

Thanks

--