Re: enum - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Adler, Stephen
Subject Re: enum
Date
List pgsql-novice
In replying to my own post, I realize that a mysql enum is
equal to a varchar with a constraint on the value of the
string inserted into the column, (which is what I want to do,
make sure only 2 or 3 different strings can stored in
the varchar column.) But I'm having a hard time finding
the syntax for the column constraint entry in the create
table command. anyone can let me know where I can find info
on the constraint syntax? I've looked through the postgresql
manuals and haven't found anything.

Thanks again. Steve.