Can not destroy db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Natalya Makushina
Subject Can not destroy db
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all!

I found very strange thing.
I have database "wwwnews". It have 4 tables, indexes and triggers. I destroy this database and create it again. All
workokey.
Then i say
    psql wwwnews
To my great surprise I saw all tables with information.
I repeat this sequence of command few times. Result is a same.
I try to create another database. I create it and this database have 4 tables too!

What do I do wrong?
Postgres version: 6.5.2.
Platform: Red Hat Linux release 5.0 (Hurricane) Kernel 2.1.57 on a ppc

            Best regards, Natalya Makushina.

$psql wwwnews
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.90.25 980302 (egcs-1.0.2 prer
elease)]

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: wwwnews

wwwnews=> \dt
Database    = wwwnews
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 |  Owner           |             Relation             |   Type   |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 | mak              | exibition                        | table    |
 | mak              | id                               | table    |
 | mak              | information                      | table    |
 | mak              | news                             | table    |
 | mak              | seminar                          | table    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+

wwwnews=> \q
$ destroydb wwwnews
$ psql wwwnews
Connection to database 'wwwnews' failed.
FATAL 1:  Database wwwnews does not exist in pg_database

$ createdb wwwnews
[...]

$ createdb wwwnews1
$ psql wwwnews1
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.90.25 980302 (egcs-1.0.2 prer
elease)]

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: wwwnews1

wwwnews1=> \dt
Database    = wwwnews1
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 |  Owner           |             Relation             |   Type   |
 | mak              | exibition                        | table    |
 | mak              | id                               | table    |
 | mak              | information                      | table    |
 | mak              | news                             | table    |
 | mak              | seminar                          | table    |

wwwnews1=> \q
$