Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From john huttley
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> I believe we are adding Oracle compatibility as possible.  We are
> working on write-ahead log, long tuples, foreign keys, and outer joins.
> Anything else?

Yes, earlier in the year I was trying to migrate from Pervasive SQL to
posgtres and
came to a screaming halt when it wouldn't do a large view. Exceeded some
sort of internal buffer
or rule area. I dont recall the details, although the mail archive will have
it.

I think that was going into the V7 todo list.

And of course the perenial full (rowset returning) stored procedures with
parameters.

Regards
John