Question of postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From kent@ematters.net.cn
Subject Question of postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
subscribe

hello!

I'm a devloper now using the postgresql. I have some questions about postgresql when
use it. Please help me.

1. Dose postgresql support the nested transaction ?

2. In my project, I used postgresql and my program need keepping a long time
   connection to the database, but when it connect to database and have no
   action for a long time,the connection will be break by backend, and when my
   program execute sql statement at this time, some error was occured and the
   content of sqlca.errorm.errormc:

     'PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the backend.' in line 194

   Is there any way to configure the connection to keep a long times?
   or Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks!

kent
2000/09/11