Re: [INTERFACES] selectecting not null varchars. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] selectecting not null varchars.
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Ed Loehr wrote:

> Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> >
> >  select * from directory where h != null  ;
> > ... gets you this:
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ";"
>
> Postgresql's SQL "not equal" operator is "<>"...Try this:
>
>         select * from directory where h <> null;
>
> Cheers,
> Ed Loehr

Does that work? I remember when the equality with NULL was added
because of non-compliant queries being generated from Access. I
didn't know inequality was implemented as well. Formal SQL is:

SELECT * FROM directory WHERE h IS NOT NULL;

Mike Mascari