Re: [INTERFACES] Functions vs. Columns????? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Functions vs. Columns?????
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> It seems that there should be some consistency here in the use of
> parenthesis.  I don't really know how these things are handled on the
> backend, but it seems that parenthesis are the more correct way, or at
> least both should be allowed.

The ones without parens are SQL-mandated "constants" which are
translated in the parser front end into function calls (usually with
some other name for historical reasons). Other function calls, like
now(), are really that: function calls.

> Any thoughts?

Uh, sure ;)
                    - Thomas