Re: [INTERFACES] Approach can't open ... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Approach can't open ...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Christian Schaer wrote:

> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Christian Schaer" <chris.schaer@datacomm.ch>
> Be sure to reply to that address.
>
> Please let me repeat a problem already stated
> 05/05/97 by Jyry Kuukkanen:
>
> Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > This is it. I had it. I just can`t sort it out.
> >
> > I can create a table using Lotus Approach, but
> I can`t open it. It fails
> > with error code -7011 (Couldn`t open database
> blaah blaah) and then it
> > show another message saying:
> >
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does
> not support this function.
> >

> I ran into the exactly the same problem recently.
> The following is an excerpt from my C:SQL.LOG
> file, that shows where the error occurs.
>
> To me it looks as if a problem is encountered
> using the SQLTablePrivileges
> call (is this supported by the psqlODBC driver?).
> After this problem, Approach attempts to find out
> more by calling SQLError.
> This then leads to the error code -7011.
> Somewhere on the Web I found something about
> SQLError being replaced by
> SQLGetDiagRec and SQLGetDiagField in ODBC version
> 3. Does this have anything
> to do with it?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi,

SQLTablePrivileges is not supported in the driver, *however*, I posted a
new driver just now that returns an empty result set from SQLTablePriv.,
instead of an error.  According to Bill Gates, this is ok, and I quote
:)  "SQLTablePrivileges might not return privileges for all
tables...Applications can use any valid table, regardless of whether it
is returned by SQLTablePrivileges."

Try the new driver and let me know.

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/index.html

Byron