Seeking advice on how to deal with the dreaded stuck spinlock problem on NT - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dan Rosner
Subject Seeking advice on how to deal with the dreaded stuck spinlock problem on NT
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Does anyone have any advice/suggestions about how to deal with
stuck spinlock problems while running postgres 6.5.3
on cygwin B20?

Background:

Running on NT with sp6, I'm using active perl with DBI
and DBD-PG to load data into postgres and update some tables
every five minutes with a simple batch file that executes my
perl scripts.  Everything seems to work well for a few hours,
but then the backend dies with the dreaded...
FATAL: s_lock(14490065) at spin.c:125, stuck spinlock. Aborting.

After this happens, I'm unable to connect to the backend unless I
kill and restart the ipc-daemon and postmaster again from the cygwin
bash prompt.

I've searched the lists and have seen several references to this problem
on NT, but found no clear solution.  Good People, do you have any
suggestions
on how to deal with this?

Dan