Using libpq in a multithreaded environment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rini Dutta
Subject Using libpq in a multithreaded environment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I need to use libpq in a multithreaded environment.
Ideally I would like to open a single connection to
the database and use that for all threads.
I just discovered that the PGconn returned when a
connection is opened is usable for only one thread
since it also seems to store the result (PGresult *)
and the errorMessage. Could you tell me if there is a
way to use one connection in multiple threads, or
whether I will need to necessarily open one Connection
per thread ? Which is the preferred course of action ?

Thanks,
Rini

ps : Sorry, but I've been  unable to search the
archives before sending this mail. For the last three
days each time I try a search I get the folllowing
message :

The document contained no data. Try again later or
contact the server's administrator.