Just to be sure... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Guillaume Rousse
Subject Just to be sure...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I've some question about PostgreSQL object-orientations, as explained in the
JDBC prgramming manual (extended Postrgres API).
You can use table A as a type for a field in table B like this : create table
A (foo text); create table B (fee B);
This ensure 1-to-n relation between A and B like classical B foreign
key linked to A primary Key, with relational constraint morevoer : you can't
delete any tuple in A still linked to in B. Am i right to this point ?

Ok, here's what seems to be impossible :
- Declare a field as an array of another table, so as to have a n-to-n
relationship. I've tried create B (fee B[]), it doesn't function.
- Declare a recursive declaration. I tried create table A(foo A), it
doesn't function either.

--
Guillaume Rousse

Iremia - Universit� de la R�union
15 avenue Ren� Cassin, BP 7151
97715 Saint Denis, messagerie cedex 9
Tel:0262938330 Fax:0262938260 ICQ:10756815

BRIDGEKEEPER: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?